A fur coat for that came a long time before “there is an App for that”.
The relationship between man and fur has been well documented. Many books and movies based on 19th century exploration highlight the warmth of a fur coat as a means of survival. Other stories reveal the relationship between the people and the fur coat as a basis for the exploration of the United States and Canada.
More tales come from the roaring twenties when the silver fox fur coat and the chinchilla coat were the rage. This expression was all about wealth and good times.
The fur coat has always been a form of express. And maybe that the genius. A designer can dream it and the furrier can make it.
- Want to communicate fun, we have a fur coat for that!
- Want to communicate elegance, we have a fur coat for that!
- Want to communicate understated beauty, we have a fur coat for that!
- Want to communicate sex appeal, we have a fur coat for that!
- Want to communicate practicality, we have a fur coat for that!
- Want to communicate romance, we have a fur coat for that!
No the fur coat is not just all about grandma’s mink coat. The same mink coat can come in sheared and/or dyed colors, reversible with lots of new fur manufacturing techniques like grooving or laser cuts. And it’s not just fur coats for women, man men are donning the latest hipsters and fur lined coats.
Where to see the fur coat besides the furrier closest to you. Social media has an Ap for that. Hashtag the fur coat or #thefurcoat and see what you find. Search the web for the fur coat and you will be amazed.
The fur coat always has been and always will be part of the human experience.